BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 7, 2011

First Post of 2011!

Welcome back to another exciting entry in my blog. Well, maybe not exciting, but at least it's a new post, right? Some of you probably thought I had forgotten about this place. I was just taking a break, a longer than intended break.

First off I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, especially all my battle buddies that were able to go home for the holiday's. I know I did. There's nothing like spending the holiday season with family and friends.

Since the my last post, there hasn't been a whole lot of action. I spend the first couple of weeks getting used to my civilian job again. It was strange being back in the office at first. The hardest part was having to sit behind a desk all day. Going from being outdoors and active most of the day to being inactive was hard. This also had an unintended side effect. It made me lazy.

I had a hard time getting up in the morning to do PT. I was only doing PT sporadically. I ran a few morning, but nothing like I should have been doing. It's hard to say motivated when you're on your own and there's no DS around to doing all the "motivating". I guess this is one of the disadvantages of being a reserve component of the Army or any service branch for that matter. You have to have the internal drive to stay in shape and do PT on your own between drills and other training.

It wasn't until this week that I've had a regular workout routine. I started doing CrossFit again. Most of this is due to discovering a CrossFit affiliate in my town (shout out to Caustic CrossFit). I used to do CrossFit on my own, but it's nothing like doing it in a group. I recommend finding an affiliate in your area if you can or at the very least following the WOD's on the CrossFit homepage. You can find a list of CrossFit affiliates here. I really like the workouts, but I'll be honest, they have kicked my butt this week. I've been sore since my first workout on Monday. No big deal though, at least I know I got a good workout in when I'm sore. Here's a couple of pics of me in action.





I've also been handed off to a unit, Bravo Company, 155th Brigade Special Troops Battalion. This will be my unit at least until after OCS, when I get an officer slot. The officer slot I end up with will determine what my permanent unit will be. At least this is how I understand the process.

My first OCS orientation (Phase 0) drill is coming up in a couple of weeks too. I was told that it will be mostly filing out paperwork and other administrative work. We will have a PT test too. I'm a little nervous about that since I didn't do PT like I should up until this week. I've still got 2 weeks to get back up to at least the level of fitness that I was at during BCT though. I can do it, but it'll take some work.

That's it for now I guess. Time to put my daughter to bed, wish me luck.

0 comments: