BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 30, 2010

BCT Dat 13

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 13
September 25,2010

We had our CLS test today. It was pretty easy though. However only one person made a 100 on it, ME. We had 10 people fail, and that means now I have to tutor them tomorrow so they can retake it. It should be easy since they already know the questions.
Our first combative (hand to hand combat) class was today. The Army uses a modifies form of jui jistu, so it's mostly a ground based system. We just covered some basic positions today. We did get to spar some at the end of class. That was fun, but we got a lecture about safety b/c some people got hurt trying stuff that they had seen in the UFC or something. It really doesn't matter what we are doing there's always someone getting into trouble for being stupid, more on that later.
We were issued our gas mask this evening, which can only mean one thing. The dreaded gas chamber is coming up soon. It will probably be early next week. I'm not looking forward to it either. They say it pretty rough, burning skin and eyes, snot pouring out of your nose, vomiting, ect. I'll let you know if all that's true or not.
Remember when I said that there are people always getting in trouble. Well we have some people in our platoon that haven't realized where they are yet. They constantly talk when they aren't supposed to, don't listen to the DS, show up for formation late, and the list goes on. So, thanks ti them, we have to write a 500 word essay on why we want to be in the Army by Monday morning. Honestly, I'd rather get smoked. I bet we have at least 2 people that don't do the essay either. I'll let you know if I'm right or not.
We also got to go to the troop store. It's like a mini PX. I bought an extra PT uniform and a few other small things I needed. All the males had to get haircuts. So, I'm bald again.

0 comments: