BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 20, 2010

BCT Day 2

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 2
September 14, 2010

Day 2 started with a 1-1-1 PT assessment. We did as many push-ups as we could in 1 minute, sit-ups in 1 minute, and a 1 mile run. This gives the DS(Drill Sergeants) an idea of what shape everyone is in and helps them put us in groups for Ability Group Runs (AGR), I did 45 push-ups, 40 sit-ups, and 7:25 on the 1 mile run. It's about what I expected, but I wish I would have done a little better on the run. There will be plenty of time to improve though.
After the 1-1-1 and breakfast, we got our weapon (NEVER call it a gun). We have to take it EVERYWHERE, even chow. It is a bit of a hassle to carry all the time, but I'll get used to it. We also got more gear, our combat helmet(ACH) and our armored vest(IVA). The IVA has heavy armored plates in the front and back. Most of the time after that was spent getting our gear setup correctly. We got smoked a few times for not getting things done enough, but nothing serious.

0 comments: