BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 17, 2010

Reception Days 2-4

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

Reception Days 2-4
September 10-12,2010

I'm getting a little behind on my letters so I'm going to cram the rest of reception into one.

On Friday we were issued our ACU (uniforms)and other clothing even underwear. This is really all we did since it took half the day. The rest of the day we spent cleaning up our bay in the barracks.

Saturday started off great, I had 5 shots before 06:00 (I'm going to be using military time in all my letters) Some people got more than that, 5 was the minimum. We were vaccinated for every disease known to man. We cleaned more and had some free time.I used my time to call Em, Izzy and my parents.

Sunday was spent packing up our gear and getting ready to ship "down range" to BCT. We did have quiet a bit of down time too. This can be dangerous when you have a few hundred guys, mostly under the age of 20 in the same space. Things got a little rowdy so we all got called outside and got smoked. It wasn't that bad though, just a few push-ups and a lecture from the drill sergeant. Sunday was sad though, It was the last time that I got to talk to Em and Iz. I also called my parents. I'm not sure when I will get to talk to them again. I am guessing 2 weeks.

0 comments: