BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 20, 2010

BCT Day 3

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 3
September 15, 2010

Today didn't start out very well but it ended up being a good day after all.We started the day by marching to the PT field for an introduction to the Army's PT program. We weren't really going to do PT. They just wanted to go over formation we use for PT and the standard warm up exercise. It didn't go that was though. A lot of people weren't listening or weren't motivated enough and were messing everything up. We got smoked for it. I think it was just the DS's way of making us do PT since we weren't going to do "official" PT.
We also got smoked when we got back to the barracks. We've got some people that just don't have the sense of urgency. When DS says we have one minute we have 50 seconds to do something, he means it. I guess some people are just slow to catch on. After we were allowed to shower, change clothe, and have dinner, we went to a large classroom for some briefings. We spent pretty much all day in there. We heard presentations on everything from Army rank structure to sexual assault. We did get a motivation speech from our Sergeant Major, though.
We were also told something that turned my day around. They told us that graduation would be a day earlier that we expected. I know it doesn't seems like much, but when your here it means a lot. As good as this news was it wasn't the best part of my day.
I got to make a short (5 minute) call home!! Again, this seems small, but the small things always been the most. It was awesome to hear my wife's voice. I'm not ashamed to say it make me tear up a little. I wasn't expecting a call for a while so it was a surprise to get this one. It definitely got me motivated.

0 comments: