BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 27, 2010

BCT Day 10

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 10
September 22,2010

This was a long day. We woke up and marched to our land nav. course (4k). They brought breakfast out to us. They call it "hot a's" when they bring food from the DFAC out to the field. All our meals today were hot a's. I'm kinda glad though, I was afraid we'd have MRE's. My group did really well with land nav. We had 3 hours to find 3 out of 5 points. My group found all 5 in 1 hour and 9 minutes. We were only a couple of minutes behind the 1st group to finish. It was a pretty easy course.
During that afternoon, we set up our camp. It was cool to see all the tents set up together. One of our DS's also showed our platoon some combat formations and movements during some down time. He 's an infantryman and has been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan several times. So, he has plenty of experience to share with us and has some cool stories. He's probably my favorite DS. He's laid back as long as your doing what your supposed to be, just don't get on his bad side.
Once the sun went down, we started our night land nav. course. It was the same course, we just had to find 3 different points. It was fun wondering through the forest in the dark. We found our points easily, but didn't rush back to finish this time. We just hung out in the woods since we knew the DS's would find something else to keep us busy if we finished quickly.
The actual "camping" part wasn't as fun as I had hoped. It wasn't bad, I just didn't sleep good. Plus we only had about 5 hours of sleep. Overall though this has been the most fun I've had so far.

0 comments: