BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BCT Day 7

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 7
September 19,2010

Week 1 is officially in the books. This week has actually gone by pretty fast. I hope the rest of my time here does the same.
Sunday's are our "off" days here. We have free time until 12:00 and first formation isn't until 6:00 so we get to sleep a little later too. You can do whatever you need to during free time. I spent some of mine in church services. The services are non-denominational and contemporary. Our Chaplin is younger ( I think he said he's 31) and is very personable. One of the best things about going to church is there are no DS's there. It's also much quieter and relaxed than just hanging out in the bay. I really enjoyed the service, but it did make me a little homesick. I guess it just reminded me of going to church back home.- sitting next to Em, seeing all my friends from Sunday school, and stuff like that. Other than that it really allowed me to clear my mind for the coming week.
Even though free time ended at 12:00, we didn't do too much the rest of the day. We learned how to disassemble and clean our weapon, learned to set up our tent for Wednesday night, and organized our lockers. We did squeeze a smoke session in there too. We had a few people that wouldn't stop goofing off while we were supposed to be cleaning our weapons. We've heard that they are about t start punishing individuals instead of everyone. Hopefully it's not just a rumor.
Everyone's starting to get anxious about getting letters too. Some people think we should have already started getting mail, and that the DS's are just holding it. Personally, I just think it's too soon. We just mailed our families our addresses last Wednesday. It would take a few days for them to get our address write and then return to us. Wither way, I hope we get mail soon. I'd really like yo have some contact from the outside world. It'd really be great to know how Em and Izzy are doing.

0 comments: