BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 20, 2010

BCT Day 4

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.


Day 4
September 16, 2010

Today was a big day. Our training today was something that we had to complete in order to graduate, Victory Tower.
Victory Tower is a 5 story tower and the only was down is to rappel down a wall with a rope. There are a few other obstacles, but the wall is the main attraction. The tower is designed to do a couple of things. The first is to get people to prove to themselves that they have courage to do anything they put their mind to. The second is to teach soldiers to trust their equipment and training The harness is just a single piece of rope that you tie around your waste and between your legs. It is scary to think that's all that's going to keep you safe.
I'm not even going to lie, I was a little scared at the top, but once I pushed off the wall and was on my way down it was really cool. It's definitely not something I would have ever even attempted if not for the Army.
We also did our first road march today. We marched to and from Victory Tower. It's just under 2 miles, and we only had about 30 pounds of gear so it wasn't to bad. It was fairly hot on the way back though. We had one girl that fell out due to the heat. She had to go to the hospital , but she is okay now. Today was finally laundry day too. We don't have to do our own laundry, which is nice since we don't really have time. The downside is that they charge us $26 bucks a month, whether we use the laundry service or not.
Also, I forgot to mention that I mailed my first letters to Emily yesterday. This won't be news to you since your reading this. I just mention it because I can't wait ti start getting letters from whoever else she passes my address along to.

0 comments: