BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BCT Day 5

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 5
September 17,2010

Today was pretty uneventful. We spent most of the day learning how to read a map. It was actually pretty interesting, but that didn't make it any easier to stay awake during class. I was struggling and you do NOT want to fall asleep in any classes. I've seen it happen and the consequences did not look fun. We've got more land navigation classes tomorrow. We'll be learning how to use a compass.
Since I don;t have much to talk about today, I'll tell you a little about my platoon. I feel like we are pretty lucky. We have a good group of DS.We have 4 that are our main ones, 2 males and 2 females. The two that are around the most are pretty laid back as long as we're doing what we are told. Our group isn't nearly as bad as some of the others. The other platoon in our company gets smoked all the time by their DS's. We have people from all walks of life. We have people from New York all the way to Washington state.. We even have a few foreigners, one from Turkey and one from Africa. Most of the platoon gets along well and don;t mess up too much. We do have a couple that just can't seem to get it together though, but maybe they'll figure it out soon, for their own sake. Most everyone is under 20, but we have a couple of guys in their late 30's though. It's been cool getting to know everyone.
That's really all I've got for today. I need to be hitting the bunk anyways. I've got fireguard shift at $:00. I'll fill you in on what that is next time. There's also been creepy stuff going on during some fireguards shifts. They say this barrack is haunted. (Supposedly) someone killed themselves upstairs during a previous BCT class.

0 comments: