BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A little about me

Some background on the author of this blog: me

My name is Jason and I'm 26. I've been married to my high school sweetheart, Emily, for almost 5 years. We have a beautiful 2 year old daughter, Izzy. In my civilian life I work in the banking industry (if you didn't already pick that up from the blog's title). So I'm definitely in for a big change.

A lot of people have asked why I joined the military. The simple answer is that it's just something I feel like I've been called to do. I could bog you down with all the patriotic stuff like "I just want to give back to my country" and such but those thing go without saying. Oh, and the benefits didn't hurt my decision either :)

The main reason I chose Army National Guard is that it allowed me to continue to live a somewhat normal civilian life and still serve. I didn't have to uproot my family and move or anything and I still get to keep my civilian job, which I enjoy. So being "part-time" military was an easy decision.


My girl, Izzy


Me and Izzy at Pensacola


My beautiful wife, Emily, and Izzy

0 comments: