BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 27, 2010

BCT Day 8

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 8
September 20,2010

WE had our first AGR this morning. AGR's are group runs where everyone is put into groups based on our 1 mile run times from last week. I was in b group which is the 2nd fastest group. I missed A group by 9 seconds on my 1 mile time. I think I may move up to A group next time though. This run wasn't very hard, and I'd rather be challenged which will help me a better time on our pt test. We only ran about 1.75 miles, but it felt good to run again. I hadn't ran in almost 3 weeks and I kind of missed it. I enjoyed running in a group though. It's motivating to know that you have your battle buddies right there beside you.
Most of the day was slow. More classroom. We got a briefing from our company commander on BCT (mostly things that we have already heard several times), a briefing on proper nutrition, and one from our athletic trainer on common injuries at BCT.
Things should pick up soon, or so our DS's say. We're about to start doing more "soldier" stuff instead of sitting in classrooms. We've got a team obstacle course tomorrow and land navigation Wed. We're supposed to start learning how to shoot our weapons in the next week or so too. We got an answer to our mail mystery tonight too. A couple of people in our platoon got letters. It was a little depressing to see someone else get mail and not get any. It's okay though, I should get something in the next couple of days, hopefully.

0 comments: