BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 8, 2010

BCT Day 39

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 39 10/21/10

Well, it finally happened. I got fired from being PG tonight. Actual, all of the peer leadership got fired 7 of us total. It always sucks to get fired from anything, but there is a silver lining to the situation. I can finish out these next few weeks with a lot less stress. I just show up for formation, training, ect. and do what I am supposed to do and not worry about anyone else.
Now I will explain what happened. First, someone was supposed to be watching their battle buddies weapon, left it in the bay when we went to chow. The DS found it, of course. The guy got into some pretty serious trouble too. Then, we left the bay in a mess when we left for chow. We had been cleaning our weapons and some people left a mess. We got smoked when we got back for chow. The DS later explained that it was our (leaders) job to make sure things like this didn't happen. The final straw was during mail time though.
One soldier received a box full of Halloween candy ($40-$50) worth. Of course the DS said we couldn't have any but then changed his mind. He said if the whole platoon got in a line and did 3 group push-ups we would get a tootsie pop. We did it and he threw out some candy for us to pass around. We were all supposed to get one and pass the extras up. After we ate them he asked if anyone had extras. No one said anything, so we had to empty our pockets to prove it. Yep, you guessed it, some people had candy in their pockets. He was upset. After getting smoked we got a lecture about responsibility, integrity, ect. And then everyone got fired.

0 comments: