BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 55 and 56

BCT Day 55 and 56
11/6-11/7


Another weekend down, and only 1 more to go....

Saturday morning I had my Soldier Leader of the Cycle board. I was extremely nervous. I think the last time I was this nervous was when I was interviewing for jobs before I graduated from college. This makes sense though, since the board was almost like an interview. The first thing they asked me to do was tell them about myself, a typical job interview question. Next, the DS's take turns asking questions about things we should know at this point such as weapons, tactics, d&c, military law (UCMJ), ect. Then the First Sergeant asks a few more questions. Luckily, I was able to answer all the questions that asked me. In addition to the questions, I was graded on other things the entire time I was in the room.- appearance, military courtesies, military bearing, standing and sitting properly, ect. The board took about 15 minutes, but it seems much longer.
After the board, I went from nervous to anxious. What did the board think of me? Did I get it? They interviewed ,y competition and then took a few mor minutes to make their decision. We were called back into the board as a group. It was time to find out the results. And the Soldier Leader of the Cycle is....SPC Spradlin. I was actually surprised when they called my name , happy but still surprised. Not only will I get some recognition at graduation, my family will get special treatment too. They will get VIP parking and seating for family day and graduation. The highlight of Sunday was patriotic concert. The concert wasn't really the attraction, it was the food. We were able to buy a pizza, candy and soft drink. Everyone got pizza, candy and a drink at minimum. Some bought extra food. We were all stuffed. We hadn't ate that much food in months. I ate too much. It was still good though. Now time to rest up for Victory Forge.

0 comments: