BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 15, 2010

BCT Day 54

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 54
11-5-10

Today was a big day in my BCT life. First we had our final PT test. This one is the only one that counts towards graduation. Even if you pass all other PT test, but failed this one you can't graduate. Of course, I passed. I scored 266. That's a little short of the 270 I wanted, but it's an improvement over my last one. I did slightly better on push-ups and sit-ups, but knocked over 1 minutes off my run time. Mt platoon also had a 100% pass rate. Getting this PT test out of the way took a lot of weight off everyone's shoulders.
Today's training was on U.S. weapons. We got to fire 2 machine guns- the m249SAW and M2408- the AT-4rocket launcher, and the M203 grenade launcher (or the noob tube for all you COD players) Only the soldiers with the top 4 highest BRM scores shot the real AT-4 and M203, but it was still cool to watch them blow stuff up. Everyone else shot dummy rounds. We did get to shoot live rounds in the M249 and M240B though That was fun. We shot 100 rounds in the 249 and 50 in the 240B. The best part is that this was the last day of training we have except Victory Forge.
Victory Forge is the final FTX we do in BCT. It's when we put everything we've learned in BCT to work. It's normally a 5 day FTX, but due to Veterans Day holiday next Thursday ours will be shorter. We leave on Monday.
I've also been nominated for Soldier leader of the cycle. I have to go in front of a board of DS's and our 1st SGT tomorrow. They will ask me questions about the Army and our training that I should know. I'm a little nervous about it, but I think I'll know the answers to whatever they ask me. Wish me luck.

0 comments: