BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 14, 2010

BCT Day 51

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 51
11-2-10

Today was a little boring. It probably didn't help that I had absolutely no motivation. I just didn't feel like doing anything. So ready for the next 2 weeks to be over. Today's training was just preparation for tomorrow's training. We worked on buddy firing and movement. It goes something like this:
-Both soldiers start behind some type cover- a wall, an old car, ect.
-Soldier 1 says, "Cover me while I move!:
-Soldier 1: "Weapon on safe moving!" and then he runs to the next cover point and yells "Set!!"
Soldier 2: " Cover me while I move!"
The whole process repeats itself and alternates between Soldier 1 and 2 until they both reach the end of the course. Today we did it 2 times, once sing no ammo and once firing blanks. Tomorrow we will be using live ammo. We will actually be shooting at pop-up targets while our buddy runs for cover. Today was just to make sure we knew what to do and how to do it safely. We don't want any accidents tomorrow while using live ammo. Shooting your battle buddy would not be good thing.

0 comments: