BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 8, 2010

BCT Day 40

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 40
10/22/10

We went back to the reception area to get issued our ASU's, which are the new dress uniforms that are replacing the Army greens. It was kind of a surreal experience.
First, it made us all realize how close to graduation we are getting. We have been told we may wear them for graduation. Normally you graduate in ACU's (camo). Either way, we are the first graduating class from Ft. Jackson to get the ASU's. I'm still undecided on if I like them or the greens better. Both are very nice looking though. It felt strange being so dressed up. It was like me being back at my civilian job (banking) dress shirt, slacks, tie, jacket...
The other thing that made our trip so weird was seeing all the new soldiers that were there waiting to go to BCT. It's hard to believe that I was there, only 6 weeks ago. The difference that these past 6 weeks have made on me and my battle buddies are apparent when you see the soldiers in reception. I guess since I'm around the same people everyday, I don't see the day to day changes and progress we've all made, but today proved that we've made a lot of progress in the last 6 weeks.

0 comments: