BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 7, 2010

BCT Day 16

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 16
September 28,2010

We had our first full PT test this morning. I did ok, but not as well as I wanted to. I scored 230 points out of 300. My lowest scoring event was the 2 mile run. My best event was the push-ups. 230 is a decent score, and more than a lot of people in my platoon. My goal is to get at least 275 on my final test. I'm case you were wondering you only need 150 to graduate.
We also shot our weapons for the first time today, sort of. We went to an electronic firing range, called EST. We used a replica of our M-16's hooked up to a computer to shoot at a large screen. It was almost like a video game, but realistic. The weapons even "kicked" like the real thing. I've shot plenty of guns, but not they way the Army wants us to shoot. It took me a few tries to do it their way, I eventually caught on and did well. W are supposed to be going to the real ranges on Thursday.
I've been so busy telling you about what I do everyday that I haven't been able to tell you much about the people in my platoon. As you can imagine there are about 60 guys living together in one room things get interesting sometimes. I'm going to try to incorporate some of these stories in my writing. I may have to edit them a little to get it rated PG though.

0 comments: