BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

BCT Day 36

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

B-CT Day 36
10-18-10

We started the day off strong, with diagnostic PT test. I improved my score in all 3 events. I increased my overall score by 24 points to a 254. It's still short of my final goal of 270, but it was higher than I set for today, 250. I have about 2.5 weeks until the final PT test, I think I can set up to 270 by then. The biggest problem I had today was with the run. I was not prepared to run in the cool weather. It will only be cooler for the final, so I better get more prepared.
We had to head back to the EST, too. We are starting advanced rifle marksmanship (ARM) this week, so we used EST as an introduction. It allows us to practice shooting without wasting ammo. One component that makes ARM different then BRMs is the gear we wear. We wear full battle rattle when we shoot. We all found out today that this extra gear make it much more difficult to do everything, not just shoot. It's heavy , hot, and uncomfortable. It's hard to imagine what it's like to have to basically live in this stuff like some soldiers have to. We also did simulated night fire. We were in pitch black room and wearing night vision goggles. This was actually neat. I've always wondered what it was like using night vision goggles, now I know.
In non- training news you'll never guess what we had in the DFAL tonight...OREO's!!!! They had little packages with 4 cookies inside. It was awesome. I came so close to getting a glass of milk to go with the,. Then I realized being seen eating milk and cookies by DS probably wouldn't be the type of attention I want. I'd never hear the end of it.

0 comments: