BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

BCT Days 27, 28, 29

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Days 27-29
10/9-10-11

I'm combining this 3 days b/c there isn't to write about in a single day.
We got a 3 day weekend due to Columbus day on Monday. All we did Saturday was have about a 2 hour question and answer session with the company First Sergeant. He answered questions about his service, things coming up in BCT, and what Army life is like after BCT. He also asked what we like and dislike about BCT so far. After that we went to chow and then it was basically free time until lights out.
Sunday was all free time. I went to church services this morning and ran a couple of miles. Other than that I just hung out in the bay and rested a little. I hoped that we would get a phone call, but I wasn't expecting one. Good thing I didn't have high expectations, b/c we didn't get one.
Monday was Columbus day, so it was another day off. The day started off a little rocky. Saturday night, one of our DS found a big tape ball someone in the bay made. We aren't supposed to have games or anything, even if they are homemade. He told us that if we had anything else that we made, that we could turn it in right then and there would be no consequences. He left the bay with a deck of cards, 2 chess boards, battleship, a basketball goal, and a beanbag toss. All of these made out of mostly duct tape. He laughed at the stuff and we didn't get into trouble, until this morning that is.
Our head DS came in and asked who made all the different games. Everyone involved came forward, but she still wasn't happy that we all wasted so much tape and supplies. So she took out the deck of cards and said we were about to play. The game we played we like this. She would draw a card and call an exercise . We would have to do as many reps as the number on the card. She did about half the deck and it lasted about an hour. In a way, I enjoyed it. We haven't had any real PT in a few days so it was good for us.
The rest of the day was free time. We even got to watch a movie. Since our platoon's name is Spartans, We watched 300. I never expected to be watching movies at BCT.

0 comments: