BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 18, 2010

BCT Day 23

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 23
October 5, 2010


I had staff duty again. This time it was from 5:00 to 7:00, so I didn't really miss any sleep. I'm not sure how I ended up with it again so soon though. I'm not complaining though. I got to watch ESPN for almost the whole 2 hours. Our head DS was on duty with us, and she's cool. It was very laid back.
We didn't do to much this morning, just cleaned our weapons again. It was kinda boring until lunch. We hadn't been eating long when our DS told us we needed to be in formation, ready to go to the range with our gear by 12:30. It was about 12:05 when he said this. In order to make this happen we would all have to eat fast and get back to the bay to get our gear. The only problem is that some of the platoon has one speed, sloooowww. Some of the platoon, including myself, was downstairs ready to go on time. I was the last one to get back to the bay (PG duties) and still mad it. It was after 12:45 before everyone was ready to go, not good. The DS was not happy, but we had a bus to catch.
I had a good day at the range today. This range was to allow us to zero (make sure the bullets hit the area we aim at) our weapons at 175 meters and 300 meters. The range used a computer system and radar to give us real time feedback on where we hit or missed the target. I zeroed in at both 175m and 300m pretty easily.
The real fun happened when we got back to the bay. The DS met with me and 4 other squad leaders and asked us what we thought about he platoon. We all thought that we had a handful of trouble makers ruining the whole platoon, DS agreed. He isn't very happy with the platoon as a whole. After our meeting, he let the rest of the platoon know exactly how he felt and what myself and squad leaders had been instructed to do. he even threatened to take us back to red phase. Second platoon must be having the same problems, b/c we all got some extra PT in before lights out. We did at least 300 sit-ups. Some people considered it getting smoked. I call it studying for the final pt test.

0 comments: