BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 8, 2010

BCT Day 19

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Dat 19
Oct. 1,2010

We are finally into October. The last time I saw my family was September 7th. It's getting close to a month since then. The time has flown by. Hopefully the next 7 weeks will do the same.
We went back to the ranges to continue grouping and zeroing our weapons. Since I got my grouping down yesterday, all I had to focus on was zero. Everyone got to shoot the first round (we get to fire 15 shots each). I zeroed in with my 15 shots, so I was done for the day. The only ones that shot more was the ones that still needed help grouping. We spent about 6 hours at the range and I fired 15 times. We are going back to do the same thing Monday. I hope that I get to shoot more.
After we got back from the range, we practiced our drill and ceremony (marching). There's a D and C competition tomorrow morning. I hate to say it but my platoon is not very good at it. We have several that just can't get it, myself included. My problem is that I have no rhythm and I'm not very coordinated either. I can handle the basics, but some of the fancy stuff kills me.
Were also supposed to be going to white phase tomorrow. BCT has 3 phases(red, white and blue) Red is the first phase(total control) meaning that the DS control everything we do. Red also focuses on team building, a concept that we haven't quiet mastered yet. I'll let you know how white is if we make it.

0 comments: