BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

BCT Day 38

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 38
10-20-10

We finished up ARM today. We had to shoot at the timed targets, similar to BRM qualifications, except we were in full battle rattle and had to hit the targets more than once to get a "kill". It was actually fun. Now, we have to turn in our "new weapons and red dot sight and go back to our old ones. This is the last range we will go for a week or more. We need a break from the range. It's getting a little old.
Since there's not much to write about, I'll give you an update on our platoon. For the most part we get alone much better and don't get in trouble as much as we were. We only have a couple of people that can't keep their mouth shut when they should. Even Pvt Hardcore has changed. Actually I'm going to rename him Pvt Marti, since that's that we call him. We get along fine now. He still occasionally talks trash to others but tries to do the right thing most of the time. He even told me that I'll make a good officer. I guess you can say we are doing much better, which I'm sure is expected now that we are in week 6 an about to go to blue phase.

0 comments: