BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

BCT Day 33

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 33
10-15-10

Today was kinda of fun since we had completed BRM. We marched out to the confidence course. It was a short march only about 2 miles. The confidence course is just a big obstacle course. It probably had about 25 obstacles. Most of them were too easy, but a few took some effort. It was fun though a nice change from going to the range everyday.
A weird thing happened while we were there. One of out DS's that isn't around to often, kept calling me and my bunk-mate, Private Subtitle, the wrong name. She did it several times. She said that we look alike. Probably b/c were both bald. Anyway, it's just weird to be called someone else name.
Once we marched back, we got some new weapons. We were issued M-4's and M-16A4's. They are similar to our m16A2's that we've been using, but they are newer and nicer. We also for some red dot scopes for them. These are Advanced Rifle Marksmanship (ARM). That's what were doing this coming week. We are the only company in the battalion to get updated weapons, probably b/c we are the best shooters.
The best part of the day came at the end. We got to make phone calls!! They were only 5 minutes, but it was still so awesome to talk to mu wife. My little girl, Izzy, even talked to me for a minute. I miss them so much, but I will see them soon.

0 comments: