BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 8, 2010

BCT Day 18

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 18
September 30,2010


We finally started shooting our weapons today. We marched out to the range, which was about 3 miles, had breakfast, and started our day. Today we worked on grouping. We had to get 8 out of 10 shots in a 4cm circle. I got mine on the first try, but still got to shoot a few more times through out the day. We will be going to the ranges and shooting almost everyday for the next 4 weeks. It should be cool. I like to shoot and it makes us feel like soldiers. I've also heard that if you do well, you can get extra phone privileges. You better believe I'll be perfecting my skills if it means I can talk to my wife.
The situation with Pvt Hardcore picked back up this morning as well. The whole company got a short speech about racism and being a team from our company commander. He also questioned Pvt Hardcore, the ex-PG (he got fired last night), myself and the other witnesses. I'm not sure if Pvt Hardcore is actually going to get punished or not. I haven't seen him be punished yet. Maybe whatever they said will straighten him out, if not he may not be in the Army long.
Our new PG was also our bay leader. The bay leader is responsible for our bay (making sure it gets cleaned, supplies for the bay, ect.) and working with 60+ guys in the bay. They didn't think he needed to be PG and bay leader so we got a new bay leader. That would be me. I can't say that I'm very excited about it though. It's a lot of responsibility with no extra benefits. I do get to make out the fireguard roster though. I could leave myself off and get some extra sleep I guess. I'll keep you updated on how that goes and how long it takes to get fired. Everyone gets fired, some sooner than others.

0 comments: