BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 8, 2010

BCT Day 17

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

*Sorry guys I'm a little behind with our house flooding and a 2 year old life has been CRAZY!!! Hopefully I can get caught up in a few days.

BCT Day 17
September 29,2010


It was raining this morning so we held our morning PT downstairs in our company area. It's still outdoors, but it's covered. Since we didn't have to march out to the PT field, they had more time to work us out. And they took full advantage if it. It was the most intense workout that we've had so far. It was really focused on push-ups and sit-ups for the most part. I guess it's because we had a lot of people that failed or struggled on yesterdays PT test. My arms felt like jello before we were finished.
This afternoon we had a 4 hour MOPP exercise. This is where we put on all our CBRN gear (gas mask, chem jacket, pants, rubber boots and gloves)and sit in a classroom and learn about what to do in a chemical, biological, or nuclear attack. We had all the gear on over our uniforms, so it was very hot and uncomfortable. The first hour was the worst. After that, I guess my body had gotten used to it.
We did have something interesting happen in our platoon this evening. We were getting ready for formation after dinner and our Platoon Guide (PG) told everyone to stop talking in formation. Before I go any further let me explain what the PG does. The PG (and outside PG) are soldiers that are in our platoon that are in"in charge" of the platoon. They are in charge when the DS's aren't around. So anyways, the PG asked everyone to be quiet. One guy, we'll call him Private Hardcore b/c he always acts like he's so hard but can't pass the PT test, said he didn't have to stop talking. This wasn't the first time he's mouthed off, so the PG told him that he could just take it up with the DS when they got back to the bay.
When we got back to the bay, PVT Hardcore came up the the PG and told him if he get's in trouble that he would kill him (and he was serious). The PG's bunk is next to mine so I heard him and so did many others. So the PG told the DS and the DS talked with several people who witnessed what had happen. When the DS talked to Pvt. Hardcore and his battle buddy they lied and said nothing happened. Apparently, they told the DS something else too.
When the DS called me and the others back into her office, she asked us about racism in the bay. Pvt Hardcore(Hispanic) and his battle buddy (African American) told the DS that we all were racist. We were shocked by this b/c there were many people of different races in the room that witnessed what had happen. Of course we all denied it. I just couldn't believe that these other 2 guys were playing the race card to get out of trouble. Anyways, the DS ended up taking Pvt Hardcore's weapon as a precaution and that was the end of it for the night.

0 comments: