BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

BCT Day 30

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 30
10-12-10

Today was a good day. We started the day off with a ruck march to another range. The march was about 5 miles. I made it through perfectly no blisters or anything. I felt like I could have gone another 5 miles, which is a good thing. The marches should be getting harder soon. We will be carrying more stuff in our ruck sacks and wearing our body armor and helmets.
The range was similar to what we did at EST last week. We shot at single and multiple target of distances of 75m to 300m. I did ok. I shot a 30,29,27 out of 40 in 3 rounds. We need to shoot a 24 minimum. Tomorrow it gets more serious though. We have pre-qualification tomorrow and qualification on Thursday. We have to hit 23 out of 40 targets to qualify. We have 3 chances 2 tomorrow and 1 Thursday. They will take our highest score from the 3 tries.
The day was topped of with a couple of letters from my wife. The first one had a surprise inside for me, a picture of my beautiful little girl and a scarecrow she colored for me. It was awesome. The second had a different kind of surprise. My wife has had some issues at home since our A/C flooded our house one weekend. I can;t stand not being around to help work things out like that. Fortunately, I have some great DS's. They let me make a short phone call to make sure everything was okay. Of course everything was under control other than she will have to replace almost all the flooring in our home. I wish we could have talked about other things, but it was some peace of mind to know everything was okay.

0 comments: