BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

BCT Day26

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 26
10-08-10

It's hard to believe that it's been a month since I began this journey. Time has flown by. Hopefully, it will continue to go by quickly.
Nothing too exciting happened today. We went back to EST(virtual shooting range) to pratice shooting. I'm not really sure why we do this. To me it doesn't really feel like shooting a real weapon. Some people do great at EST, but can't shoot for crap the real range and vice versa. I guess it just saves the army money. The electricity is less expensive than real ammo. After EST guess what we did. Clean weapons,again, even though we didn't fire a shot today.
I guess I could give an update on being PG. It kind of sucks. I have so much responsibility but no extra benefits. The only benefit that I can think of is that I get to be first in the chow line. It's really not worth it though. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to quit or anything. I'm going to be PG until I get fired (which I get threatened with regularly) It's just that it adds extra stress to being here. I have to make sure my platoon is on time,has the right uniform and equipment, gets alone with each other, stays out of trouble, ect. I also have to march us just about everywhere. This is one of the hardest parts for me. I'm trying to learn the proper commands and rules for marching. I'm starting to lose my voice some too from all the yelling I have to do when we march.

0 comments: