BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

BCT Day 37

These post are from letters that Jason has mailed to me. Sometimes his writing is hard for me to read so bare with me if some of the terms aren't right. I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

BCT Day 37
10-19-10

Today did not start off well. First we were supposed to have our morning formation at 5:50, which means we need to be down and ready for formation at 5:40. At 5:25 a DS comes into the bay and starts yelling at us for not being downstairs yet. This led to push-ups. We didn't do many but it was too early to be beating our face.
Next, we were scheduled for breakfast from 6:40 to 7:00 with a bus to the range at 7:15. So, we didn't have a lot of time for chow to begin with. When we got to the DFAC there's another company in front of us for chow. They decided to go to chow early instead of their schedule time. This means we literally had 2 minutes to eat before we had to rush back to catch the bus. Everyone was pissed, even the DS's. There was also a last minute change to the rage schedule. We had to share the range with another company, the same one that cheated us out of breakfast. We have sort of a rivalry with this company already. Even our DS's don;t like their DS's. Their DS's treat their soldiers like crap, always yelling and cussing at them and such. Anyway that company won the D&C competition earlier in the cycle. So they thought they were the stuff. Well, until they came in second place in BRM, which we smoked them in. They tried to brag about winning D&C at the range today but Pvt Subtitle, my bunkmate, shut them up quickly though. He pointed out that D&C wouldn't help them much when they ended up in Afghanistan. That pretty much ended their bragging.
The icing on this day happened at dinner. I had just marched my platoon over for chow and we were waiting behind 2 platoon to go in. All of a sudden a female DS from another company bust out of nowhere and starts yelling at us not talking(we really weren't) She asked where the PG's were. I say "Here Drill Sergeant!!!" She starts yelling about getting my platoon under control(they were). Now apparently, I thought this was funny. She stops yelling and says "Are you smiling at me? I'll punch you in the face!!" I don't think I was smiling but I probably did have some smart ass grin on my face though. I guess the point of this story is that we've become immune to all the yelling and even getting smoked sometimes. There are time we all fight back laughter when getting smoked. Ahhh, the fun we have at BCT.

0 comments: